The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Stitching a New Club at Steinbrenner

The stitch club is a new club at Steinbrenner that has people of interest joining to have fun crocheting and knitting with friends and peers. The club introduces knitting and stitching to people even if they know how or if they are completely clueless. They do an excellent job at including people and even having everyone have their own materials so that everyone in the club is involved and has fun. The founders of the club are seniors Maddie Ng, and Laelah Vongpachan. 

Co-founder, Maddie Ng stated that Last minute we decided to make a club on the day of club rush, so we got a bunch of people to sign a paper during lunch. We chose stitch club because we both like knitting and wanted to share it with others. Then we talked to Mr. Derflinger and known it is a club!” This was the process of making Stitch club. 

“A challenge would be finding a sponsor but everything else was easy,” said Laelah Vongpachan.  

During the first club day in September, they started by having everyone get their materials and then jumping in with some basics. They taught more basics on the second club day in October.

“Right now, we are on the basics of crocheting to teach people who do not know how and want to know, and we want to start making things in future club days,” stated Maddie Ng.

“We are planning to donate the stuff we make to hospitals and orphanages,” said both co-founders. 

“I joined the club because I enjoyed crocheting but because of school and extracurricular I never had time outside of school to work on projects. Stitch club lets me sit with my friends and crochet for a good cause! It is a good thing that everybody has a club to go to for their interests and so that people can learn new things with the help of others!” Mentioned Abagail Curewitz.

“I joined this club because I used to be into creative activities like this when I was younger, but I never really continued it as I have gotten older. I do think it was a good idea to add this club because it helps people who would like to get into stitching a chance to learn and grow from others who are more experienced,” stated senior Olivia Morris. 

Stitch club makes a fantastic addition to the several clubs that Steinbrenner has to offer because it makes it fun and informative.