The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Nicki Minaj vs. Megan Thee Stallion

There%E2%80%99s+new+beef+in+the+rap+community+regarding+the+%E2%80%98Queens+of+Rap%E2%80%99+Nicki+Minaj+and+Megan+Thee+Stallion%2C+and+their+diss+tracks+against+each+other.+Both+tracks+had+hit+the+top+100+upon+their+releases%2C+however+the+media+has+gotten+a+hold+of+this+feud%2C+and+it+has+the+fans+taking+sides.+Photo+courtesy+of+IMDb.+
ybjxpc4j5t
There’s new beef in the rap community regarding the ‘Queens of Rap’ Nicki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion, and their diss tracks against each other. Both tracks had hit the top 100 upon their releases, however the media has gotten a hold of this feud, and it has the fans taking sides. Photo courtesy of IMDb.

On January 26, 2024, rapper Megan Thee Stallion released a new single titled “Hiss.” Fans didn’t think anything of its original release and were just excited for a new song by Megan. However, when the single was released, it gained traction within the rap community and was deemed as a diss track.  

At first Megan’s fanbase, the ‘Hotties’, thought the track was just a warning for her haters, but upon taking a closer look at the lyrics there’s been speculation about who she’s addressing. 

In the first verse Megan says “These…don’t be mad at Megan, these… mad at Megan’s Law.” To an ordinary person this lyric means virtually nothing, but Megan’s Law established that information about convicted sex offenders, such as where they live or work, must be public information. Although Megan didn’t directly name anyone, the ‘Queen of Rap,’ Nicki Minaj, took this personally since her husband is a convicted sex offender and her brother a pedophile. 

Minaj went on Instagram live and was dissing Megan about her recent drop. She then went on to write and record a single titled “Big Foot” that released on January 28, just two days after the release of “Hiss.”  

In Minaj’s track she refers to when Megan got shot in the foot by Tory Lanez, as per the title, and disses her looks as well as her recently deceased mother. The media has blown up over this new feud and have even gone to say that Drake was also dissed with the lyric, “These…hate on BBLs and be walkin’ ‘round with the same scars.” Since it’s rumored that Drake has gotten a BBL and Megan was mentioned on the album “His Loss.” 

Both fandoms, the Hotties and Barbz, have taken their sides with their favorite rappers, and many expect to hear more from this feud since Minaj has stated that there’s more tracks lined up if Megan claps back.