The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Kanye West’s Vultures Expected to Drop Soon

Kayne is expected to come out with his new album very soon. It will be his first release since 2021, and fans are very excited to hear the new music.

From the car accident that almost took Kanye’s life to the controversies sprinkled throughout the years, Kanye has been through a fair number of problems but two things he never let go of were his soulful music and his grip on the music industry. His past few releases have been well received by audiences around the world and, in mid-January, he started to release information about his and Ty Dolla Sign’s upcoming album Vultures. 

Vultures, the debut album of new Hip-Hop duo ¥$ is highly anticipated by fans. Kanye West, known for pushing the artistic boundaries of music, constantly evolving and improving. Mixing his talent with artist Ty Dolla Sign some beautiful and creative music can be created.  

“Kanye has been an extremely influential part of my life as his music has carried me through tough times,” said Freshman Joshua Cotto. 

Many diverse artists will also be featured on the album such as, Charlie Wilson, Freddie Gibbs, Quavo, Playboi Carti, Chris Brown, YG, Future, James Blake, Bump J, Lil Durk, Young Thug, Leon Bridges, Kid Cudi, Metro Boomin, India Love and West’s own daughter North. 

“I’m actually so stoked for the new album. I heard that Metro Booming is on it,” freshman Isabelle Gonzalez said.  

From all the marketing that has been on Instagram many fans are anticipating great music especially with all these big names on the album.  

“Playboi Carti has a lot of talent, and his beautiful voice and style will add some variety into the album, hopefully it’s a good thing,” freshman Caden Vo added. 

Controversy surrounds Kanye’s career as his outspoken nature has not been received well by many. From interrupting Taylor swift’s speech at the 2009 MTV video music awards to his opinions in support of Donald Trump.  

His remarks about certain groups of people have had fans and critics alike sparking conversations about his freedom of speech as a celebrity. “Oh yeah, Ye’s been like going crazy on Twitter and stuff. You got to separate the art from the artist you know,” Vo said.    

The new album is dropping February 9th. While some fans and critics speculate about the release date, others are excited about the plethora of different artists’ signature innovations and exploration.