The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Ms. Syron Inspires Educational Excellence

Pr
Ms. Syron is helping her AP Literature students understand the assignment and prepares them for a future test. She has devoted 46 years to educating the future generations. Photo Courtesy of Prahas Kandukuri.

Ms. Syron, the teacher of AP Literature and AP Language at Steinbrenner High School, has been a teacher for 46 years, spanning from preschool to high school. Her recent recognition as the recipient of the Teacher of the Year award, an award decided by her fellow educators and school staff, underscores her exceptional commitment to the profession.

In her own words, Ms. Syron believes her emphasis on prioritizing students, who are learning and preparing for their future, played a pivotal role in receiving this accolade. She explained, “I believe putting the kids first is what made me get the award.”

Ms. Syron derives her greatest satisfaction from seeing her students’ knowledge flourish, a testament to her effective teaching methods. Conversely, her least favorite aspect of the job is the arduous task of grading assignments for her many AP students, as it entails giving constructive feedback and takes a lot of time.

Syron said that “I love that my job can make a difference in kids” lives, hoping that they will keep on learning in the future. […] I hate grading papers because I have a lot of students and it takes too much time.”

In Conclusion, Ms. Syron believes that prioritizing students with their studies can be a reason behind her succeeding as a teacher and receiving the award.