The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oscars Predictions

The Oscars are airing March 10th, at 7PM. Many are anticipating the awards and to see their favorite directors and actors win.

While celebrities are getting glitzed and glammed for the Golden Globes and the Grammys, it’s finally time for, The Oscars!

The Oscars are scheduled for 7 p.m. on Sunday March 10th, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. The host is once again Jimmy Kimmel who had been the host for the past four years.

“I’m really excited for this year’s Oscars. I watched it last year with my mom,” freshman Cheyenne Gommer says. Steinbrenner students are very excited for this year’s Oscars.

This year’s best nominated pictures of 2024 are going to American fiction, Anatomy of a Fall, Barbie, The Holdovers, Killers of the Flower Moon, Maestro, Oppenheimer, Past lives, Poor Things, and The Zone of Interest.

In an interview Freshman Sophia Alvis says “I loved Barbie. I really hope it wins best picture. The film deeply resonated with me, as a woman.”

“Dude, Oppenheimer was fantastic. The run time was a little long but ultimately it was great. I love Cillian Murphey but, I also think that ‘The Boy and The Heron’ should be there. Another great film,” freshman Ben Boddez added.

Best actor is going to be a difficult title to hand out. The nominees are, Bradley Cooper for Maestro, Colman Domingo for Rustin, Paul Giamatti for the holdovers, Cillian Murphy for Oppenheimer, and Jeffrey Wright for American Fiction.

“Personally, I think Cillian Murphy’s going to win best actor. His role in Oppenheimer was phenomenal. He’s a great actor.” Boddez said. “I must agree with Ben. Cillian Murphy is a great actor; he deserves to win best actor,” Gommer added.

Best Actress is an even more difficult award to be given. The nominees are Annette Bening, Lily Gladstone, Sandra Huller, Carey Mulligan and Emma Stone.

“I’m really shocked that Margot Robbe wasn’t even considered for best actress. With the popularity of Barbie, I think it’s disgusting how she wasn’t nominated,” Alvis said.

“Oh yeah, I usually like Lily Gladstone. She was pretty good, in my opinion she’s not worth the nomination. Nothing special,” Paggio said.

The Best Director nomination is tough. This year, so many great movies were made, it’s hard to decide. Best director nominees are Christopher Nolan and Martin Scorsese but, others like Justine Triet, Jonathan Glazer, and Yorogos Lanthimos are also in a mix of these great directors.

Who do you think will be in the spotlight this year?