The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

GUTS World Tour

Megan Menendez
Olivia is on stage singing “Driver’s License” the song that really kick started her career as a musician. She gave a great performance of fan favorite songs and really knew how to get the audience pumped up. Photo courtesy of Megan Menendez .

On Wednesday March 5th, singer Olivia Rodrigo came to the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida on tour for her new album Guts. This is her second tour with dates all around America and other countries. She performed songs from first album Sour and Guts which came out in September 2023.  

This was her first stadium tour and had a sold-out show. Fans waited outside the box office for hours in line trying to get tickets the day of, after not having success in getting them with Ticketmaster. Some managed to get last-minute seats but many weren’t as lucky since the tickets were in such high demand. The stadium opened at 6:30 p.m. allowing plenty of time to check in and get pictures.  The opening act was singer Chappell Ronan, who came on stage around 7:30 p.m. and performed for about an hour. While the opener was singing many fans waited in merch lines, buying shirts, hoodies, tote bags, and charm bracelets. Fans also got an Olivia Rodrigo trading card, that had pictures of Rodrigo and the tour date on it.  

Rodrigo came on stage at 8:30 p.m., with the purple GUTS candles melting on stage as a countdown that the concert would be starting. She came out on stage by singing one of her most popular songs “Bad Idea Right?”, getting the crowd hyped up. She then transitioned into singing “Ballad of a Homeschooled Girl” and “Vampire” from her Guts album.  

Rodrigo then goes off stage to change her outfit to then sitting on a huge crescent moon, where she floated around the above crowd. She sang her more sad and slow songs, like “Logical” and “Traitor”, that left many fans feeling emotional, they were all able to sing along to lyrics that they relate to and feel a special connection to.  

My favorite performance of the night was Rodrigo singing the song “Jealousy, Jealousy” from her first album Sour. Her vocals sounded amazing and the band on stage did a great job of playing the music and getting the crowd hyped up. She did not disappoint with her stage presence, she actively talked to the audience and said how grateful she was for her fans and supporters. 

An unexpected twist happened towards the end of the show when Olivia sang the song “Obsessed”, which is an unreleased song on her Guts deluxe album that is not even available on streaming, and only be heard on certain vinyl records purchased from her store.  

She had great, choreographed dances she did with each song and showed the versatility of her music. She went from her slow songs while she played on her piano, to her more punk rock songs and kept fans wanting more. 

She ended the show with the song “Get Him Back”, which during the song she took out a megaphone and sang with that instead of the normal microphone, which I loved. 

Overall, Olivia’s concert was amazing. Her singing was clear and bold; she kept the audience entertained, sang her fan’s favorite music live, and gave them a night to remember.