The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Noises Off Theater Production

Tyler+Brock%2C+seen+in+burgundy+colored+shirt%2C+plays+the+role+of+Lloyd+Dallas+%28Director%29+where+he+explains+the+other+actors+their+mistakes+during+their+practice+%28Act+1%29.+He+has+been+in+plays%2C+musicals%2C+and+television+commercials+in+the+past.+Photo+Courtesy+of+Prahas+Kandukuri.+
Pr
Tyler Brock, seen in burgundy colored shirt, plays the role of Lloyd Dallas (Director) where he explains the other actors their mistakes during their practice (Act 1). He has been in plays, musicals, and television commercials in the past. Photo Courtesy of Prahas Kandukuri.

From the start of the new school year, The Theatre class has started to prepare for their upcoming fall play called “Noises Off.” The Cast, Crew and the Teacher practiced multiple times to ensure the audience would be happy with the play’s chaotic, funny, and wittiness. 

The Theater director, Brad Brady states that, “We have practiced for 2 to 3 months, multiple times a week, varying from Mondays to Thursdays […] sometimes Saturday.” 

The play was set in the Steinbrenner Auditorium where many Steinbrenner Students and Adults watched the play. The ticket prices for the Steinbrenner Students were $10, and the prices for the Adults were $15. 

During November 16 to 18, 2023, the audience were treated to a laughter-filled spectacle with the staging of “Noises Off.” This comedic theater play, divided into three acts, delivered hilarious moments and uproarious humor that had the audience in stitches. Just as hoped by the theatre class. 

Junior Alanna Aquino Vassallo, played as Brooke Ashton in Act 1 and 2, Vicki in Act 3. Her role as Brooke Ashton created laughter with only using the word “What?”. She said that “the audience will laugh a lot because it is very funny, but you do need to pay attention to the play.” 

Act 1 kicked off the show with a behind-the-scenes look at actors practicing for an upcoming performance. Mistakes and mishaps abound, and the character playing the director added to the humor by expressing frustration at the errors, setting the stage for a lighthearted journey. 

Act 2 continued the comedic drama as the actors were preparing for it by having touch-ups before the play in the play begins. facing many delays and challenges. Backstage chaos ensued, creating a humorous spectacle of the hurdles involved in putting on a production. The audience was taken on a delightful journey through the ups and downs of the theatrical world. 

In Act 3, the actual performance took center stage, showcasing the actors navigating through the scripted chaos with precision. The laughter reached its peak as the characters tried to maintain composure. With the ending of the Act by multiple burglars invading a house at once, it surprised the audience, and delivered a finale that left everyone in good spirits. 

“Noises Off” succeeded in providing an evening of entertainment and laughter. The simple yet clever three-act structure allowed the audience to enjoy the comical evolution from chaotic rehearsals to the uproarious final performance. As the curtains fell on November 18th, the audience left with smiles, having experienced a delightful theatrical journey that brought joy and laughter to the stage.