The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce; Win or Lose?

Taylor+Swift+and+Travis+Kelce+after+the+Chiefs+won+the+Superbowl%2C+and+later+were+spotted+at+an+afterparty+dancing+to+remixes+of+Swift%E2%80%99s+own+songs%2C+including+Love+Story.+The+Superbowl+was+also+Swift%E2%80%99s+13th+game+that+she%E2%80%99s+attended%2C+which+happens+to+be+her+lucky+number.+Photo+courtesy+of+tstourtips+Instagram.%0A+
tstourtips
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce after the Chiefs won the Superbowl, and later were spotted at an afterparty dancing to remixes of Swift’s own songs, including Love Story. The Superbowl was also Swift’s 13th game that she’s attended, which happens to be her lucky number. Photo courtesy of tstourtips Instagram.

The NFL and Taylor Swift are possibly some of the most popular conversation topics amongst the U.S. When the two first meshed in September of 2023, the world immediately formed their opinions. Taylor Swift appeared at the Kansas City Chiefs game for the first time on September 24 spotted with Donna Kelce in a suite. Speculations rose quickly about the reason for her attendance. Fans noticed Swift’s outfit correlation to number 87, and after multiple appearances at more games, they began to realize Swift’s connection to Travis Kelce. About six months later, it’s confirmed that Swift and Kelce are in a relationship and both NFL fans and Swifties have things to say about the new couple.  

“They seem to be a good match and look happy together,” said sophomore Maryn Adams. There are hundreds of photos across social media that photograph Taylor in the suite with other members, cheering on the Chiefs. There are even more photos of the two leaving the football games together and out and about at events. Many of them include the couple holding hands and sometimes sharing a sweet hug or kiss.  

“I’ve enjoyed watching football…when she showed up to the first game, I was so excited,” said junior Whitney Myers.  

Months earlier, on July 8, Swift performed a show in Kansas City for The Eras Tour. The fans there and on social media were excited when it was revealed that Kelce was attending the show. Swifties greatly welcomed him to the show by giving him friendship bracelets which is a popular fan project for The Eras Tour. However, across social media it seems as though Swifts appearance at the football games is not so welcome by some.  

“…they think she’s doing it for attention and a lot of people are ‘sick of seeing her everywhere’” said Myers.  

Many people made their way to TikTok where they shared their opinions. Handfuls of viewers agreed that they’re tired of seeing her on the screen, they think it’s a PR stunt, or that she’s taking away from the football game. 

“Personally, [I think] she’s doing the NFL a favor…”, said Myers. With Swift’s attendance, many more people are tuning into football games. According to Apex Marketing Group, $331.5 million in revenue and over 2 million more viewers has been brought to the NFL and Chiefs simply because of her presence. 

With how popular this situation has become, the 2024 Grammy’s host, Trevor Noah, even gave his opinion on live television.  

“…cutting to Taylor Swift like she’s controlling the cameras. Just let her live,” said Noah. Even while rumors and photos are being posted everywhere, it hasn’t stopped the couple from being public and showing off their love and support for one another.  

View Comments (1)
Donate to Oracle News
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Steinbrenner High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.