The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Grammys Predications

Entertainment News
With the annual Grammy awards airing soon, students are starting to predict who will win the major awards such as ‘Album of the Year.’ Last year Harry Styles won this coveted award and students are predicting who will earn it this year. Photo courtesy of Entertainment News.

On February 4, 2024, the 66th annual Grammy Awards will be held at the Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles, CA. The Grammys are awards given to producers, songwriters, and musicians for their outstanding achievements in the music industry. Hundreds of these talented Indvidual’s are nominated for these awards, but only a select few win them. The Grammys are known by many as the most prestigious honors to receive in this industry.  

This year’s nominees include many artists who came out with life changing music throughout 2023 such as Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Ice Spice, and Metro Boomin. The event is also being hosted by returning host Trevor Noah, an actor and comedian best known for his show, “The Daily Show”. Trevor did an excellent job at the Grammys last year, being both comedic but also respective.  

When asked about the host, freshman Elizabeth Wolf said, “Trevor Noah seems like a very good choice.” She also wished other artists were nominated, “I feel Drake should have been nominated for his album, ‘For All The Dogs’, because it was really good.” 

A major part of any major event such as the Grammys is the red carpet. This is where viewers get a look at the outfits, which some would say is as important as the awards themselves.  

Freshman Hailey Hughes said, “Taylor Swift is most likely to win, she was one of the best dressed last year and is nominated for a lot of awards,” when asked about who the best dressed celebrity will be. 

However, freshman William Jones believes that SZA will end up winning best dressed. “Her outfit last year was highly creative yet simple. I wouldn’t be surprised if she came this year with something similar,” said Jones. 

This year’s Grammy nominees are full of talent this year, with potential for a variety of winners. Unlike other award shows based off audience votes, the Grammys get votes from the Recording Academy. Thats what makes a Grammy one of, if not the most prestigious award to receive in music around the world.