The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Model UN Trip 2024

Here+is+the+MUN+trip+from+last+year+when+they+went+to+Harvard.+They+had+a+great+time+competing+and+getting+to+explore+Boston.+
Dr. Miliziano
Here is the MUN trip from last year when they went to Harvard. They had a great time competing and getting to explore Boston.

On January 24-28 the Model United Nations club members are going on a trip to Philidelphia for the Model UN conference. During conferences, your school is on a committee that has a selected country. You then solve your country’s problems together. You can also use delegates from other committees to help solve the problem, which can come from different schools and even different countries.

“We are going to Philly to attend the Penn State model UN conference, where we will discuss issues in our committees with students around the world, I went last year to the Harvard model UN conference, and it was a blast and everyone had a great time and couldn’t wait to go again so I’m super hyped to go this year but I’m going to have a ton of makeup work but the fun I have will be worth it,” said senior Nic Thompson

During club meetings, they practice conferences to help prepare for the actual one. The officers for the club are Luke Rude for president, Bonnie Knight for vice president, Nic Thompson for common manager, Saule Kondra for social media, Carson Wydra and Ben Verrecchia for fundraising, and Jaida Bilkas for historian.

To go on the trip, you must try out first. You go in front of the club sponsor, Dr. Miliziano , Ms. Garwol, and other student officers who are already attending the trip. You do a practice trial of debating about the country you have been assigned and do a mock conference to show off your ability to discuss issues.

“I am excited for this year because I went last year, and it was fun,” said sophomore Olivia Mariano.

In addition to the conference, students will be able to explore Philadelphia and all the sights and attractions. Such as, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and more.

To end off, the trip the MUN students get to celebrate with a banquet, with other participating schools.