The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Spreading Holiday Spirit at Steinbrenner: Winter Spirit Week

Steinbrenner%E2%80%99s+senate+takes+part+in+spirit+week+and+dresses+up+on+holiday+movie+day.+One+of+the+most+popular+movies+shown+was+Elf+which+released+in++2003.%0APhoto+courtesy+of+the+%40gshssenate+Instagram.+
@gshssenate Instagram
Steinbrenner’s senate takes part in spirit week and dresses up on holiday movie day. One of the most popular movies shown was Elf which released in 2003. Photo courtesy of the @gshssenate Instagram.

Steinbrenner Students are down to their last week before winter break, and with midterms on the way students are expected to be stressed out. To relieve these nerves, Steinbrenner’s senate produced a winter spirit week that took place the week of December 11th. To start off the week, Monday was Holiday Movie Day. Students dressed up as their favorite holiday movie; popular ones being Home Alone, Elf, etc. Tuesday was Holiday Hat Day, where students styled a hat or headband into their outfit. One of the most popular hats seen on campus was a classic Santa hat. Continuing into Wednesday, the theme was ‘wear white to represent a cold and snowy winter’. On Thursday, it was Holiday in Paradise where students dressed up in tropical winter gear that represents our unique Florida winters. Last, but certainly not least, Steinbrenner students ended the week in their most festive New Year’s Eve attire! The outfits included sparkles, silver, black, and more.

Steinbrenner’s senate shows off their holiday in paradise apparel. It’s said that on average, Florida has the mildest temperatures during winter in the U.S. Photo courtesy of the @gshssenate Instagram. (@gshssenate Instagram )

The freshman president of the GSHS Senate, Shruti Karthikeyan, was most excited for Wednesday’s theme, white out. “I’m excited for white out because those are our freshman colors,” said Karthikeyan. She was also looking forward to Thursday’s theme. For Holiday in Paradise, Karthikeyan dressed in a Hawaiian, floral top paired with some “fun sunnies.” This theme is perfect for Florida winters, dressing for the 80-degree weather with a hint of the holidays!  

Natasha Stroud, a freshman of Steinbrenner’s student body was most excited for Friday’s theme, New Year’s Eve Day. “I will be dressed in a black sweater, with a sparkly gold skirt. I also have this headband that says, ‘New Year’s Eve’ and its gold,” Stroud said. Stroud is a perfect example of what many students’ visions for New Years Eve Day was. 

Ending the first semester with holiday fun was a great way to spread school spirit through a stressful week of exam reviews.