The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Travel Opportunities

Ms.+Schmidt+went+to+Greece+this+past+summer%2C+with+students+from+all+grades.+
Layla Farooq
Ms. Schmidt went to Greece this past summer, with students from all grades.

Steinbrenner students have been notorious for following different paths over the summer whether they’re sightseeing abroad, finding a job to pass time, or simply just staying home.

However, this school year, several different trips around the world have been generated and are
being chaperoned by our favorite teachers, and students attending can even earn college credit!
Recently, Coach Noble has announced that he will be overseeing the Summer 2025
Steinbrenner Peru trip and has expressed his enthusiasm for all of their planned activities.

“I am most excited to take all of the kids to see Sacred Valley and even see the great Machu Picchu in
person. I am also sure the food will be great, and I can not wait to learn about Peruvian culture!” said noble.

After touring the beautiful sites Peru has to offer, Noble plans on assisting local volunteer
agencies to build infrastructure. This encounter in itself can even teach students a simple lesson
on gratitude and help them understand how people in other parts of the world live.

Additionally, Ms. Schmidt will also be taking students on two separate trips in the next summers
to come. In June 2024, she will be visiting the Galapagos Islands, and in July 2025, she will be
headed to Iceland! These will be her third and fourth trips with Steinbrenner students and she is
most excited for snorkeling and teaching the eager young minds about the Darwin Institute, a
pivotal location for all biology lovers.

Junior Layla Farooq has toured Greece previously with Ms. Schmidt and says that, “On our trip
to Greece I made lifelong bonds and unforgettable memories.” These everlasting moments and
abundance of academic opportunities leads to an experience you can’t miss!

To see more pictures, check out @ks_exploring on Instagram, where she shares beautiful.
pictures of her past trips in Greece and Rome