The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Warriors Lacrosse Charge into the Season

Mckie Etheridge
Boys Lax gets ready for season, and opened on high note. They look to add more excitement the rest of the way. Photo courtesy Mckie Etheridge.

Steinbrenner boys lacrosse opened up their regular season on February 12th, 2024, with a home game against the Freedom Patriots. The Warriors beat the Patriots 22-3. “I feel we’re having a pretty solid season so far; we’ve had some close games against some big teams that could’ve gone both ways, we just have to keep working to get better as a team and keep working towards our goal of a regional championship.” said Senior, Damien Clements. Following that game the Warriors played 4 consecutive away games against Cardinal Mooney on February 15th, Newsome on February 19th,  Robinson on February 27th, and Jesuit on February 28th, going 1-3 in those games. The one win being a 18-0 shutout win against Robinson. “Though Shale is gone (to injury), many players have been able to step up. Both in a skill point of view and as a leader.” said Junior, Calvin Wright.  

The Warriors played consecutive home games against Sickles that ended in a 13-12 win in double overtime, and a 19-3 win against Alonso. The Steinbrenner played their final game before a break against a tough Winter Park team. They would fall short 9-6. “Although in the teams toughest tests so far, against the likes of Jesuit, Cardinal Mooney, Newsome, & Winter Park, we have come up short, we have shown grit and determination to respond to the challenge of playing some of the top teams in not only the area but the state as well; not in terms of results but in character and performance” said Head Coach Jeremy Kuebrich. The Steinbrenner Warriors returned from break against the Plant Panthers, they took a loss of 9-8, but look to move in the right direction the rest of the way.