The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Viral TikTok Recipe: Big Mac Tacos

Nicholas Menendez
Pictured is the final product of the Big Mac Taco. Photo courtesy of Nicholas Menendez.

This recipe, which originated on TikTok in Summer of 2023, is simple, fun, and easy to make. It is supposed to be delicious as well, with the burger patty turning into a “smash burger” (burger that is flattened out and makes the edges crispy) and the big mac sauce adding a nice creamy and tangy flavor. Here is the recipe: 

Big Mac Sauce: 

• 1 cup lite mayonnaise  
  • ¼ cup of reduced-sugar ketchup  
  • ¼ cup pickle relish  
  • 1 tablespoon mustard 
  • 2 tablespoons Onion Powder 
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 

Taco: 

• 1 lb 96% Lean Ground beef  
  •  4 Street Style Tortillas 
  • 2 cups Shredded Ice Berg Lettuce 
  • 4 Slices of Velveeta Cheese 

Instructions: 

To make the Big Mac Sauce 

1. Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, mustard, onion powder, and vinegar in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.  

To make the taco 

1. Heat a Blackstone Griddle or any type of griddle to medium high heat. 
  1. Shape the ground beef into 6 round even size balls. Then evenly distribute on a griddle. Use a burger smasher to flatten the ground beef. 
  1. After 2 to 4 minutes of cooking on one side, place a small tortilla on top. Then flip them over and let the ground beef continue cooking. 
  1. Add a slice of cheese to the top and let the cheese melt on top of the burger. Stick them on a taco tray holder and add a slice of cheese, shredded lettuce, ground beef, Big Mac sauce and pickles.  

The Rating: 

Just like the TikTok said, this recipe was easy. Squishing the meat patty onto the tortilla, flipping the taco, and making the sauce were all smooth processes. The taste of the taco was great. The meat was nice and juicy, the sauce was tangy and accurate to regular Big Mac sauce, and the cheese was perfectly melted. Even the tortilla had an improved flavor, most likely due to being cooked on the pan covered with meat juices. For how simple and easy this recipe is, it deserves an 8/10.  

Side Notes: When I cooked my taco, I used a little bit of cooking spray on the pan. At first, it seemed like way too much, so much so that the tortilla would come out soggy. However, when it was finished the tortilla was not soggy at all. If anything, the texture improved, becoming almost flaky.