The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

High Standards Set for Steinbrenner Cheer

Cheer+team+celebrates+on+field+during+season.+They+get+started+in+Football+season+and+took+themselves+all+the+way+to+Nationals.+Photo+courtesy+of+Cece+Hovan.+
Cheer team celebrates on field during season. They get started in Football season and took themselves all the way to Nationals. Photo courtesy of Cece Hovan.

The Steinbrenner Cheer team had a great qualifying season, as they got third place in the state semifinals. That would create many opportunities for them by putting them in the running for nationals. When competing at nationals qualifiers, the girls won first place and got an auto-bid for nationals in Orlando, FL.  

The team took some time before then to prepare and enjoy the moment as Captain Kennedy Cusack quoted “When preparing for nationals we had a lot of extra practices and team bonding’s to bring the team closer and put a lot of extra effort in to achieve our goals.” The team even practiced every day and went all in every practice. When asked how regionals prepared the team for nationals Mackenzie Pearie stated, “It helped us see who we were up against so we could know the standards for nationals.” 

The Steinbrenner Warriors Cheer team recently placed 12th place at Nationals in Orlando. With much hard fought competition, the girls were all very satisfied with their performance but hope to go even farther next year. It was a great way to send off our 14 Steinbrenner Cheer Seniors! Overall, the cheer team set a high bar for next year.