The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

JV Flag Football Looking Upward

Caroline Lord
Warriors Flag celebrates victory. After win in the Pink Out game. Photo Courtesy of Caroline Lord.

This season Steinbrenner junior varsity Flag Football team has played 6 games. They have won 3 and lost 3. The season started with a hard fought 8-7 win over Riverview. The same week on they prepared to play Sickles. They went into the game with a “locked in mindset.” (Captain) Cece Hovan. Quarterback Sammi Coble and twin sister Sarah Coble (WR) had multiple connections throughout the game and made lots of big plays. They finished off the game with a 35-0 win for the Warriors.  

They would then play Newsome hoping to add a win to their streak but coming down with a rough 27-8 loss. Struggling to get back on track while playing Tampa Catholic the score of the first half was 7-6 Steinbrenner. In the end they lost 19-7 giving up 2 more touchdowns because of a few minor miscommunications. “We needed to bounce back from the Tampa Catholic game and get a win.” (Captain) Taylar Hatala.  

The very next week after practicing to ensure their win they shut out East Lake and won 19-0. “It felt good to win after we had worked so hard for it. (Captain) Sydney Lord. Looking forward to the game vs Sumner, the girls practiced every day and hoped their hard work would pay off. The game was very evenly matched with the Warriors having 1 touchdown on the board when Sumner went down the field and scored a touchdown, as well as an extra point to take the lead and win. While they did lose the team is excited for their next game vs Jefferson on Wednesday.