The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

The Pumpkin Spice Debate Continues…

Pumkin spice dates back as the main fall staple and is popular among most people. But there’s been disputes over it and it’ll be settled among Steinbrenner students over whether pumpkin spice is overrated or not. Photo courtesy of dreamstime.com.
dreamstime.com

There’s no doubt you’ve seen signs that fall is here. Regardless of the temperature or if there are leaves on the ground, if pumpkin spice comes around in stores or coffee shops that’s your hint that fall is around. But do the students of Steinbrenner truly enjoy pumpkin spice? 

Figuring out if someone truly enjoys a food is if they would take it for free if offered, the same goes for pumpkin spice. 

“No, I wouldn’t take it because I don’t really drink coffee, and I don’t like anything pumpkin,” said senior Jack Mcgee.

In agreement senior Brady Messager said, “Probably not because I’ve never liked pumpkin spice, I haven’t drunk it in forever.”  

Many people don’t favor pumpkin when compared to other holiday flavors such as peppermint. “I don’t like anything pumpkin except for pumpkin seeds but that would be it,” said Mcgee.  

Messenger also agreed on this one, however senior Talan Primmer has a different perspective on the pumpkin spice debate.  

“I love pumpkin and pumpkin spice I always get so excited when fall comes around because of it,” said Primmer. 

However, regarding fall pumpkins don’t only show up in beverages, there’s also décor and pumpkin scents in things such as candles. But ultimately pumpkins mark the start of fall, especially in Florida.  

“I always see those acorns on the grounds and pumpkins or anything pumpkin spice is a giveaway,” said Mcgee. 

Pumpkin spice is a heavily debated topic because there are so many mixed feelings about it, but it doesn’t actually come from pumpkins. Still, pumpkin spice is a staple that marks the beginning of fall.