The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

Student’s Orders: Starbucks and Dunkin

Callie+Bergen+enjoys+her+classic+latte+while+taking+a+selfie+in+the+0.5+setting+on+her+camera.+She+has+enjoyed+this+drink+all+year+round.+Photo+courtesy+Callie+Bergen.++
Callie Bergen
Callie Bergen enjoys her classic latte while taking a selfie in the 0.5 setting on her camera. She has enjoyed this drink all year round. Photo courtesy Callie Bergen.

Everyone has their go-to drink at popular places like Starbucks and Dunkin’, but do those orders change during the fall season? With the famous pumpkin spice available during this time of year, chances are high. When asked this question, Sophomore Lilly Patton answers “my drink order does change because I get more fruity drinks in the summer.” When at Starbucks, four out of six students said they get a fall related drink. For example, Senior Saige Sampson orders an iced chai latte, four pumps of cinnamon dulce with pumpkin cream cold foam during the chilly months. So why are these drinks everyone’s favorite? Freshman Ava Driscoll recommends these drinks to others “because fall drinks are special and make you feel like you’re in fall.” Additionally, Patton suggests pumpkin spice “because it only comes out once a year.” As for those who enjoy the same drink all year round, most said they prefer a simpler coffee. For Sophomore Callie Bergen, it is an iced blonde vanilla latte and freshman Emily Kuba enjoys ordering an iced white mocha latte with sweet cream cold foam and extra caramel drizzle. Compared to the fall drinkers, these two propose these drinks to others simply because “they taste good” (Kuba). Rather than it being seasonal, Bergen says the basic latte is her favorite “because it’s the first drink I tried that’s coffee.”  

At Dunkin, a majority of students prefer holiday drinks during the fall. Jake Dickey, a sophomore, explains how he swings by Dunkin once a week to grab a hot chocolate with three pumps of vanilla syrup. People are already gearing up for the holidays with Christmas themed drinks. On the other hand, Christian Daru, a senior, chooses to drink the same drink all year round. “I get a strawberry dragon fruit refresher with coconut milk” explains Daru.  This is a staple for Daru considering he gets it once a week, all year-round. Reese Davis, a senior, likes to switch it up when it comes to the autumn season. “I love Dunkin coffee because it gives me so much energy and makes me feel awake in the morning,” said Davis. She starts getting an iced pumpkin coffee with cream twice a week when the pumpkin flavor is introduced to Dunkin in September. Despite the fact that most students chose Starbucks over Dunkin, both restaurants present a stocked fall menu.