The Student News Site of Steinbrenner High School

Oracle News

Oracle News

Oracle News

What Defines the Best Valentines Gift?

With Valentines Day coming up in a few weeks, students are deciding whether physical gifts or experiences would be best to give a loved one. While both are thoughtful, spending the day with a significant other or friend is the most meaningful. Photo courtesy of Readers Digest.
Reader’s Digest
With Valentines Day coming up in a few weeks, students are deciding whether physical gifts or experiences would be best to give a loved one. While both are thoughtful, spending the day with a significant other or friend is the most meaningful. Photo courtesy of Reader’s Digest.

Valentine’s Day, a celebration of love and affection, is often celebrated by the exchange of gifts. But what truly constitutes the ‘best’ gift? Is it the most expensive, the most luxurious, or perhaps the most conventional? I believe that the best Valentine’s Day gift is not a tangible item, but an experience shared between two people. 

In the grand tapestry of life, it is the shared moments and experiences that truly stand out. Traditional gifts like flowers and chocolates are thoughtful, however they wilt, they are consumed, and then they are gone. But memories of shared experiences? They are timeless, priceless, and forever in our minds. 

These experiences provide an opportunity for connection on a deeper level. They allow for the creation of shared memories, filled with laughter, joy, and sometimes even challenges that you overcome together.  

“I totally feel like the best gift to give on valentines is shared experiences and the things you can never forget,” said senior Rachel Beynon. 

On the other hand, some people like receiving actual gifts on Valentines. It’s nice to get a gift from your partner occasionally to show appreciation.  

“I love receiving gifts because it shows they care. They took their time out of the day to do something for me and think about me even while I wasn’t around,” said junior Sydney Payne.  

In the end, it all boils down to thoughtfulness and understanding. The best Valentine’s Day gift is one that shows you truly know and understand your partner. It’s not about the price tag attached to the gift, but the thought and effort put into making the day special.  Happy Valentine’s Day!